Smartwatch with an Android Phone
It is simple to connect your Android smartphone to a smartwatch. All you need to do is follow the steps below:
- Go to Google Play Store and download the Wear OS app on your smartphone.
- When you open the Wear OS app, a list of devices appears.
- Choose the smartwatch’s name.
- You will get a pairing code on both the smartwatch and the phone.
- Tap on “Pair” on your phone and smartwatch both.
- Open your Google account and log in.
- Finally, confirm the ‘terms and conditions’ and allow all notifications.
The steps to linking your Fitbit tracker with your phone are likewise very straightforward:
- Turn on your Fitbit.
- Activate Bluetooth on your smartphone.
- Download the Fitbit app and open it.
- Choose your Fitbit device.
- Select Set up and create the account.
- Fill in your profile and pair your tracker with your smartphone.
- Once the pairing is done, you can use your smartwatch.
Android Smartwatch with iPhone
You can link your iPhone with Wear OS smartwatch but make sure iOS 9 or later is installed on your iPhone, then follow the steps below to link your Apple iPhone with your Android smartwatch.
- On your iPhone, download the Wear OS app for free.
- On your smartwatch, select the language and accept the terms.
- Launch Wear OS app on your iPhone
- From the list on your phone, choose the smartwatch model
- Verify the pairing codes and select ‘Pair’ on both devices
- Check the second code now and tap ‘continue’ on your iPhone
Once the pairing is done between your smartwatch and your smartphone it is time set up your watch and learn how to use it. If set up correctly will help you use all the features without issues.
2. Insert SIM card
Smartwatches follow two different approaches for SIM card slot, located either on the back panel or on the side panel. Check yours to see where it is placed.
SIM card slot on the back panel
- Open the back panel with the help of a screwdriver or a thin plastic piece.
- Place the SIM card in the proper slot after removing the panel.
- Ensure card’s gold chip is facing downwards.
- Close the panel and turn on your smartwatch
SIM card slot on the side panel
- Open the side lid and draw the tray out.
- Place the SIM card in the tray
- Ensure the card is facing up.
- Push the tray back, close the lid and turn on the device.
3. Activate SIM card
Once your SIM card is in its proper place it is time to activate it. Follow the below steps.
- Contact your mobile phone provider to get a new eSIM link.
- Once you have received the link, copy it into your smartphone. Then enter your SIM card information in the browser. Accept the terms now to proceed.
- Your browser will redirect you to a page where you enter the 6-digit One-Time Pin code that was sent to your device
- Once the OTP code is entered and now you can use your smartwatch. Keep in mind some watches need a restart here.
4. Turn on Smartwatch
It is simple but some users may struggle, so to save their time we have listed the steps.
- First of all check the user manual to find out where the ‘Power Button’ is located on your device.
- Press the button and hold it down for five seconds.
- Make sure the smartwatch is fully charged before you try to turn it on.
5. Reset Your Smartwatch
Most of the time, your smartwatch will function without any issues, but knowing how to reset it can be quite helpful. Your smartwatch’s factory reset will return it to its default settings. This way the device becomes ready for a new user or any software issues with the reset. Additionally, connecting your smartwatch to your new smartphone requires going through the reset process.
Keep in mind that everything on your watch will be permanently wiped, including any downloaded music, personal information, customizations made to the device, and installed apps. Your Google account will still have any data that was connected to Google servers.
Follow these steps to reset your wearable device.
- Turn on the stop watch and select Settings
- From the system section select “Disconnect and reset”. Tap it.
- Press ‘Done’ to begin the factory reset for the smartwatch.
- The reset procedure could take a few minutes.
- Delete the smartwatch from the list of Bluetooth devices on your smartphone.
Note: A factory reset of your smartwatch would not remove your smartphone’s apps, so keep that in mind.
6. Short Battery Life
Your smartwatch is like a mini smartphone. It can show your activity statistics, app notifications, and GPS position. But the capacity of the battery is heavily taxed by all these functionalities. Since the battery life of a smartwatch often lasts only one day, you should be ready to charge it every night. Knowing how to charge your smartwatch properly is also essential.
7. How to Charge Smartwatch
To charge your smartwatch battery fast and correctly, see below the best practices.
- Do not use third-party chargers or cheap replacements.
- Before charging your smartwatch turn it off.
- Charge it fully and when not in use.
- Unplug as soon as it is fully charged
- Put it on charging before the battery level reaches around 5%.
- Do not use the watch if charging is below 5%.
- Do not let the battery run out entirely
- Do not keep it with a completely drained battery, it should be 50% charged even if not in use.
8. Charge Without a Charger
You can still charge your smart watch if you lost your charger or forgot to bring it with you. Simply use the USB charging cable that came with your watch to connect it to a USB port on your laptop, desktop computer, or other low-power gadget.